You are finally in 5th grade and moving up in the world quite quickly. Next year, you will be the school leaders and preparing to leave elementary school. But before then, you will need to spend the next school year with me learning all kinds of neat stuff like:
* how to build a parachute and design your own mobile vehicle.
* how much more or less a 100lb. person would weigh on another planet.
* how the need for freedom affected the outcome of the Revolutionary War.
* how social and economic differences divided our nation and led to the Civil War.
* how learning 6th grade math in 5th grade is really not that hard.
* how www. asia will cause you to write more fluently.
* how completing a "cloze read" will improve your comprehension of a story.
This and many more exciting concepts await you this year in 5th grade. See you soon!!
Now just a wee bit about your new teacher! I was born and raised in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and I am not a Packer fan just in case you were wondering. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin, I moved to Michigan where I met and married my husband, Craig. After spending far too many cold winters along the Great Lakes my family, which now includes two wonderful sons, Nick and Chris, moved to Arizona; we have lived here almost 20 years. Prior to joining the 5th grade team here at Neely, I taught junior high math and English. In my spare time, I love attending auctions, decorating, and entertaining.